When you visit a spa nordique québec, one of the popular treatments on the menu is body polish. During the treatment, the therapist will apply a polishing formula that has a natural exfoliant like sugar, salt, rice bran, or coffee and aromatic essential oils to the entire body of the guest. It is meant to remove dull, dead skin cells while promoting the production of new cells for an enhanced look and condition. Although you can book a body polish as a standard treatment, it can be performed before a detoxifying body wrap treatment.
Benefits of Body Polish
A body polish offers many benefits to overall body and skin health. These benefits may vary depending on the kind of polish chosen but some benefits include the following:
- Youthful complexion. Aside from stripping your body of dead skin cells, a body polish at a spa will increase blood flow. In turn, this helps in producing new cells and blemish-busting collagen, leading to a softer, more youthful complexion. Also, a body polish hydrates the skin, offering a healthy glow from top to toe.
- Energised body. The hands of your therapist teamed with the texture of an exfoliating formula will help in stimulating blood flow and promoting energy movement around the body. This can help in calming the mind, leaving you feeling refreshed and re-energised.
- Better results from other treatments. Dirt, dead cells, and oil buildup in the epidermis can prevent topical creams from working as they should. With body polishes, such creams can be easily absorbed. Getting a body polish treatment before you go through a tanning spa treatment can help in eliminating dead cells and smoothing out the skin.
Kinds of Body Polish Treatments
Although there are some body polish treatments available in spas, below are the most popular options:
- Brightening body polish. This treatment is meant to remove tired skin cells from head to toe. Typically, the treatment makes use of a ground pumice stone and citrus oils.
- Anti-cellulite body polish. This body polish is designed to help in redistributing and reducing the formation of cellulite. Usually, it uses an invigorating coffee scrub to help in stimulating circulation within and improving the look of problem areas.
- Himalayan salt rub. This involves the use of Himalayan rock salt designed to replenish and balance the essential minerals naturally present in the skin. This treatment is perfect for anybody who wants to get rid of dry, flaky skin.